Friday, January 28, 2011

Back to work

I have returned from Brazilian lands afar and have I have dived back into the Gremlin.  Since the engineers who designed the newer versions of the 258 engine decided to move the location of the timing marks to where the alternator used to be and thought it was better to make a happy trail of belts leading to the new alternator location, I spent most of the day fabricating and modifying things to fit the alternator back where it was on the old engine and return to a one belt system.  Phew... long sentence.  I'm happy to say that the alternator slots right in to where it used to be courtesy of a new water pump, lots of dremeling, and a slightly smaller belt.  Tomorrow I replace the head and hopefully start her back up!  Followed by wiring, followed by exhaust, followed by other crap that will probably break along the ay.

No comments:

Post a Comment